Join Monroeville Main Street & the Monroe County Human Society on the courthouse lawn from 9 AM -2 PM as they team up with Rotary of Monoreville for 2nd Saturday on the Square, the 3rd Annual Tail Chaser and a Community Mural Project!
THE 5TH ANNUAL TAIL CHASER WILL INCLUDE:
Sponsored by the Monroe County Humane Society
Proceeds Benefit the Monroe County Animal Shelter
Date: Saturday, October 9, 2021
Time: 8:00 AM
Location: Monroeville Water Tower on East Claiborne Street
The 5K Run/Walk begins at 8 a.m. at the Monroeville Water Tower and goes through historic downtown by the iconic Courthouse Museum. The course is flat and fast. One water station during the race with water and snacks after the race
Registration: Adults- $25 Children under 14- $15
T-shirts guaranteed for participants registered by September 22, 2021
Register http://tailchaser2021.eventbrite.com until 4 a.m. Friday Oct. 8, 2021
- Race registration forms can be picked up at the Chamber of Commerce, City Hall, Courthouse Museum, A. J.’s Restaurant, Monroe County Library, YMCA, HealthActions, or requested at email@example.com
- Packet pickup and late registration beginning at 7:00 a.m. race day at the Water Tower. Raffle immediately following the run. Donations of supplies will be taken for the area shelter. Awards Ceremony will be in the Water Tower parking lot after the race
- Awards to top male and female, top male and female master and top two male and female runners in each age group: 14 and under; 15-19; 20-29; 30 -39; 40 -49; 50 -59; 60 -69; 70 -79; 80 & over.
- Raffle, Blessing of the Pets, People/Pet Costume Contest
THE COMMUNITY MURAL PROJECT
Rotary of Monroeville and Monroeville Main Street invite you to participate in the Community Mural Project. We want everyone to have a "Hand in our Community" so Stop by the Darby's Red and White parking lot* between 9 AM and Noon to place your hand print on the community mural. (gloves & paint provided)
For additional information about the Community Mural Project, contact Rotary of Monroeville at firstname.lastname@example.org or Monroeville Main Street at 251-575-1457.
*Please use on of the city parking lots or street parking.
CHALK THE SQUARE WITH SHERRI SCOTT
Local Artist Sherri Scott will be on the square sharing her talents and adding colorful chalk deisgns around the square!
- Games on the Courthouse Lawn 9am - 2pm
- Giant Checkers, Chess, and Yatzee
- Plus Cornhole, Bocci Ball, Ring Toss, Horse Shoes, & Ladder Toss
Contact Monroeville Main Street for addtional information - 251-575-1457 or email@example.com